2009/01/05

The Sopranos 2x09 - From Where to Eternity 英文筆記

  • spleen 脾臟、壞脾氣
  • His Holiness 教宗的敬稱
  • agony 痛苦、折磨
    例:I want that motherfucker in agony!
  • ICU = Intensive Care Unit 加護病房
  • give birth 生產
    例:She just gave birth to Ralph's baby. A C-section.
  • C-section = Cesarean section 剖腹產 (手術)
  • CK One 香水牌子
  • stink up = smell up 弄臭、使發臭
    例:Maybe it has to something to do with the CK One sticking up your shirt last Wednesday night.
  • vasectomy 結紮、輸精管切除手術
  • put sb. at risk 置於風險之中、使處於危險中
    例:You're putting us all at risk.
  • V one's ass off 形容努力地做某事
    例:They're working their asses off on him.
  • be up on 精通、通曉、熟悉
    例:This is the best trauma unit in Tri-State area. I'm up on all the ratings.
  • cardiac 心臟的
  • respiratory 呼吸的
  • arrest 停止
    例:Mr. Moltisanti suffered cardiac and respiratory arrest due to internal bleeding.
  • intubate 插管
  • ventilator 通風設備、呼吸器
  • bouncer 守衛 (守在活動門外的大塊頭)
  • emerald 翡翠
  • piper 風笛手
  • morphine 嗎啡
  • pinstripe 細條紋 (的布料)
  • spay 切除卵巢、絕育
  • pry 打聽、刺探、窺探、窺視
    例:I'm not trying to pry into that part of your life.
  • near death experience 瀕死經驗
  • Pol Pot 波帕,柬埔寨的獨裁者。
  • floodgate 水閘、水門
  • hive 蜂窩、蜂巢、鬧區
  • crook 賊、罪犯、彎曲的東西
  • wind chime 風鈴
  • flip out 發狂、發瘋、暴怒、生氣
  • event manager 活動主管 (負責承辦活動)
  • baffle 困惑、煩惱、為難
    之前的相似字:bewilder
    例:I'm battled by this three o'clock thing.
  • goon 笨蛋、呆子
  • bud 花蕾、芽、萌芽,例:buds for horns。
  • dispute 爭論、反對、質疑
    例:The heat would have been the first thing you noticed. Hell is hot. That's never been disputed by anybody.
  • purgatory 淨化的地方、煉獄、滌罪
  • mortal sin 不可饒恕的大罪
  • venial sin 可饒恕的輕罪
  • can do sth. standing on one's head 比喻很輕鬆或很熟練,站在頭上都可以做。
    例:I can do that standing on my head.
  • deliberately 故意地、蓄意地、從容不迫地、有條理地
    例:Did I do it deliberately?
  • facile 容易的、口才好的
  • analogy 類比、類似、相似
  • never-never land 夢想之地、想像的地方
    例:I'm living in a mortal never-never land with this patient.
  • feel for sb. = feel sorry for sb. 同情、感到遺憾
  • courtesy 禮貌、謙恭有禮
    例:It's a common courtesy.
  • the odds don't favor it 機會不會偏坦
  • repent 悔改、懺悔
    例:You have to look at this experience as an opportunity to repent.
  • intact 原封不動的、完整的
    例:I got balls, and I as long as I do, they will remain intact.
  • Trajan 保險套品牌
  • heir 後嗣、繼承人
    例:I'm supposed to get a vasectomy when this is my male heir?
  • den 洞穴、獸穴,例:lion's den
  • satanic 撒旦的、惡魔的
  • queer = fagot 同性戀 (有貶意)
  • ringleader 頭目、首領、元兇
  • write off 註銷、取消 (債務)、行雲流水地寫
    例:I was ready to write the whole thing off until this psychic mentioned Little Sonny Pagano.
  • Ghostbusters 降妖伏魔的人、電影《魔鬼特攻隊》
  • cut loose = release = set free
  • on spec 做不確定會得到報酬的事情、投機
    例:Sean did it on spec.
  • parish 教區
  • divination 占卜、算命、預言
  • unsanctioned 未核准的
    例:You should've never gone to a psychic. It's divination, it's the devil, and completely unsanctioned by the church.
  • heretic 異教徒、異端
  • witchcraft 巫術、魔法
    例:Psychics are heretics and thieves who practice witchcraft. There's no validity to anything he told you.
  • validity 正確性、有效性
  • organ 風琴
  • reed 蘆葦、樂器的吹嘴
  • slack off 鬆懈、偷懶
    例:You've been slaking off on me. You left me unprotected. I'm cutting you off for good.
  • snip 喀嚓、剪斷

0 意見:

張貼留言