2009/01/23

The Sopranos 2x12 - The Knight in White Satin Armor 英文筆記

  • settee 沙發 (椅腳比 sofa 長)
  • Starving Students 美國搬家公司
  • glide 滑動、滑行
    例:These floors have wonderful glide.
  • (as) proud as punch 非常驕傲、趾高氣揚
    例:His dad must be proud as punch.
  • wastrel 揮霍者、愛浪費的人
    例:Go join your wastrel friends.
  • dirt bike 越野摩托車
  • stadium 露天大型運動場 (如巨蛋)
  • The transmission slipped out of gear. 履帶脫離齒輪。
  • plank 木板、舖板
  • codependent 相互依存
    例:Be a codependent to a shitbag.
  • hardship 艱難、苦難
    例:My cousin Larry wants the Fairfield contract. Being the hardship on his family and whatnot, while he's awaiting trail.
  • hemorrhage 出血
  • spondulick 大筆的錢
    例:I'm hemorrhaging spondulicks here. 我的荷包正在大失血。
  • litigation 訴訟
    例:I want to bring on specialized counsel to handle the wiretap litigation.
  • ballpark figure 大概的數字、估計數字
  • lifeline 救生索、命脈、重要航線、
    例:That coke is my lifeline right now.
  • feel out = sound out 探聽某人的想法或意見
    例:Go talk to Ally Boy. Feel him out.
  • moxie 膽量、勇氣
    例:He's got tremendous moxie for his size.
  • axle 輪軸
  • turn one's head (on sth.) 改變立場、改變態度
    例:The bureau would never turn its head on a murder charge.
  • a block of 一大塊
    例:Tony made a guy order blocks of these things through his sporting goods store.
  • go out the window 消失、不見、離開
    例:Any faith I had went out the window that very day.
  • hand out 拿出來、分發
    例:All I do is, I hand out money.
  • in denial 拒絕相信某件事是真的
    例:You're in a bit of denial. Richie was always a disturbed kid.
  • senile 老年的、高齡的
    例:She's just too senile to remember who she hates.
  • ashram 嬉皮群居村、印度教修行的地方
    例:I don't know what made me think I was gonna find anybody halfway decent in an ashram in Pradesh.
  • knock one's socks off = amaze 令人驚豔、太棒了
    例:I just wanted to say that you knock my socks off.
  • sleeping pill 安眠藥
  • cirrhosis 硬化,例:cirrhosis of  the liver。
  • hope chest 嫁妝箱
  • radiant 光芒四射的、容光煥發的、洋溢幸福的
    例:Remember how radiant I looked walking down that aisle?
  • aisle 走道、座位旁的走道、教堂中間的走道
  • get off 性高潮、性興奮
    例:- You let him hold a gun to your head during sex? - Ya, if that gets him off. It's not any different than garter belts and nurse's uniforms.
  • garter belt 吊襪腰帶
  • fetishistic 崇拜物神的、戀物的
  • lard 豬油
  • turn the corner 好轉
    例:He turned some corner.
  • Stockholm Syndrome 人質情結,指受害者對犯罪者產生情感。
  • dermabrasion 去疤手術、磨皮手術
    例:You talk to the king of dermabrassion about what went down?
  • Plexiglas 樹脂玻璃
    例:He's looking at his reflection in the Plexiglas.
  • bang 性交
    例:I was banging her for two years.
  • out of the picture 不在了、退出行動
    例:You take him out of the picture, believe me, everybody's gonna come along.
  • setback 挫折、阻礙、退步
    例:We can't be too fucked up by this setback.
  • screw your courage to the sticking-place 把勇氣固定住,比喻毅然決然、堅定、堅持到底,出自莎士比亞。
    例:We gotta screw our courage to the post.
  • awe 敬畏、尊敬、害怕
    例:I'm in awe of you.
  • Dow Jones 道瓊指數
  • rally 集合、重振、召集
    例:It rallied more than 100 points midday.
  • midday 中午、正午
  • pharmaceutical 藥物的、藥學的
  • Pokemon card 神奇寶貝卡
  • convertible 有活動敞篷的 (車)、可轉換的
  • ascertain 確認、確定
  • salad spinner 一種廚房用品,沙拉脫水機。
  • political rehabilitation 政治人物或組織平反汙名
  • gutter 排水溝 (屋簷或路邊的)、槽
    例:I'm gonna get started on your gutters tomorrow.
  • atrium 中庭、心房
  • depart 起程、出發、離開
    例:5:16 AM. Subjects departing Searchlight Diner.
  • almanac 曆書、年鑒
    例:The planner check the almanac and he says there's 65% historical chance of rain on the twelfth.
  • fox trot 狐步舞
    例:He wouldn't miss an opportunity to fox trot and tango in front of everybody.
  • cabinet 櫥櫃、內閣
  • leave the scene 離開現場、肇事逃逸
    例:They were gonna pinch you for leaving the scene, but I got you out of it.
  • LCN = La Cosa Nostra 黑道、黑手黨
  • misspent 浪費、虛度
    例:I hate LCN. I know I misspent most of my life.
  • salvage and crusher 這兩個字一起出現時,通常指美國收廢車或零件公司,auto crusher 是用來壓爛汽車的機器,auto salvage 是將汽車零件拼一拼,再拿出來賣。
  • jilt 拋棄、甩掉
    例:He probably jilted her. It's the story of her life.
  • nag 嘮叨、碎碎念、批評、使困擾、使煩惱
    例:You're always nagging her about her weight.
  • tramp 妓女、乞丐、流浪漢
    例:She goes out on a date, you call her a tramp!
  • narcissistic 自戀的、自我陶醉的
    例:She says that our mother has a narcissistic personality.
  • no prize as 不是模範的、做得不是很好
    例:Grandpa Vito was no prize as a father.
  • blow one's stack at sb. 發怒、生氣
    例:I used to suggest it, and you'd blow your stack at me.
  • pine cone 松果、松球
  • accessory 共謀、幫兇、配件
    例:For 18 years of marriage, don't make me make you an accessory after the fact.
  • tennis clinic 網球訓練班

0 意見:

張貼留言