2009/03/08

The Sopranos 3x06 - University 英文筆記

  • to that extent 到那個程度或範圍
    例:Gigi, Beansie... Us Italians, I think we're the only ones that use nicknames to that extent.
  • soubriquet = moniker = nickname 綽號
  • pneumonia 肺炎
  • date 棗、棗椰樹。例:date-nut bread。
  • sever 切割、切斷
    例:Russell Crowe is trapped. They're gonna sever off his head.
  • yank 猛拉、迅速地拉出
    例:He yanks the sword from that dude. That was so phat.
  • phat = great = wonderful
  • care for 喜歡、照料
    例:I didn't care for it.
  • butler 男管家
  • pigheaded 固執的、頑固的、愚蠢的
  • student union 學生活動中心
  • pointy-head 知識份子 (有貶意)
    例:All these horrible people in it with pointy heads and stuff. There's one guy had no legs. He hopped around on this hands.
  • hop 單足跳、跳過
  • obsessive-compulsive disorder 強迫症
  • poli-sci = political science
  • ferret 雪貂、白鼬
  • snap out of it 重新振作
    例:You gotta snap out of this, Caitlin.
  • culture shock 文化衝擊、文化震驚
    例:I'm sure coming here has been a culture shock for her.
  • dental cleaning 洗牙
    例:I got a postcard from the dentist. It's time to schedule a cleaning.
  • bundt cake 一種環狀蛋糕
  • cry over 抱怨、發牢騷
    例:She cries over like everything.
  • scalp 頭皮
    例:Her scalp is like, all raw.
  • cut sb. some slack 對誰寬容一點
    例:Cut her some slack. She's under a lot of strain.
  • rise to the bait 上勾、中圈套
    例:Did you see? How I didn't rise to the bait?
  • pole 杆、柱、鋼管
    例:You're on the poles tonight, honey.
  • weight loss center 減肥中心
  • reclaim 重新收復、降服、開拓
    例:I have come to reclaim Rome for my people.
  • weasel 黃鼠狼、狡猾的人
  • word to the wise 對聰明的人不用說太多他就能懂。
  • hopped-up 醉的、迷幻的、(汽車) 改裝的
    例:What's the matter with you? What are you, hopped up on something?
  • fuse box 保險絲盒
  • fraternize 跟誰友善、親近
    例:What did tell you about fraternizing?
  • shell out 支付
    例:I didn't shell out three crackers for you to be modeling your teeth.
  • thoroughbred 純種的、有教養的
    例:That kid's thoroughbred, but those choppers, fucking train wreck.
  • chopper 牙齒
  • run ragged 忙碌
    例:- Not bad, Chrissy. Decent week. - Not bad? I'm running ragged here.
  • conniption 歇斯底里
    例:She starts having conniptions over this homeless lady in the street.
  • hygienist 衛生學者、保健專家
  • affectionate 溫柔親切的、深情的
    例:One minute he's all affectionate, and the next he's like a totally different person.
  • affair of the heart 戀愛、愛情
    例:I don't get involved in affairs of the heart.
  • repressed 壓抑的
    例 :I had a lot of repressed anger.
  • outfitter 旅行用品店
  • syrup 糖漿
  • pine tree 松樹
  • flattop 平頭、航空母艦
    例:Look at Kirk Douglas' hair. They didn't have flattops in ancient Rome!
  • primo = best 頂級的、最好的
    例:I'm talking primo notes, I got an A.
  • resident adviser = RA 宿舍舍監
  • trance 恍惚、出神、發呆
    例:How about the football trance? I swear to god, we can have an entire conversation, but if that TV's on, he's not hearing a word I'm saying.
  • attention span 可專注的時間
    例:Men have the attention span of children.
  • reciprocate 交換、報答
    例:I'm glad we could reciprocate.
  • Dean's List = Consistent Honor List = Honor Roll 成績優異的學生會被學校列在這個名單
  • aside from 除了…之外
    例:Aside from Tim Daly chewing my ear for an hour, it was wonderful.
  • chew one's ear 嘮叨、囉嗦、碎碎念
  • sportscaster 體育節目播報員
  • toxic 有毒的
  • cut the line 插隊
    例:Hey, that guy cut the line!
  • restraining order 限制令
    例:Did I tell you my father's filing a restraining order against her?
  • horn in = poke one's nose into 插手、介入
    例:We couldn't do anything without her horning in.
  • commemorate 紀念
    例:I tell you I wanted a painting commemorating my husband's last thoughts. You give me cows with halos and Indians making love?
  • halo 光環、光圈
  • cul-de-sac 死路、道路的盡頭
    例:We'll get a little house in a cul-de-sac. I know that guy who's a mortgage broker.
  • mortgage 抵押
  • rug 小地毯、小毯
  • cynicism 冷嘲熱諷、悲觀主義、厭世
    例:You have this underlying cynicism about everything.
  • logjam 水上漂浮太多圓木以致阻塞、阻塞、僵局
    例:Sometimes even painful sessions can break the logjam.
  • high roller 花錢不手軟的人

0 意見:

張貼留言